Dental implants are strong and light weight screw like structures that are composed predominately of titanium. Titanium is a biologically friendly material that allows implants to integrate with the surrounding bone. Implants can be placed in the upper and lower jaws that offer a more natural solution to tooth loss. Replacing a tooth consist of three parts: the crown (tooth), the abutment (connects the crown to the implant), and the titanium implant.
Dental implants are a solution for:
- those missing a single tooth
- missing multiple teeth
- a great option to secure dentures in the mouth
Dental implants offer plenty of benefits:
- implants maintain bone levels; once a tooth is lost, the body starts to reabsorb the bone in that area
- implants are generally self sustained and do not require the assistant of adjacent teeth, which allows them to remain untouched
- implants remain secure and will not move in your mouth
- implants look and feel more natural than dentures
- implants offer dentures to be secured in the mouth so that they do not shift or move while eating or speaking
We would love to set up a consultation if implants are of interest to you.